Expansive terrain, reliable snow, and comfortable accommodations are hallmarks of Bell Lake Yurt, but above all, the staff at Montana Alpine Adventures is here to make your experience exceptional. Whether you hire our friendly, experienced guides, attend one of our immersive avalanche or ski mountaineering courses, or simply have questions about planning your self-guided trip, we're here to help with all of the tools you might need. Here's what others are saying about the Bell Lake Yurt experience.
What Makes Bell Lake Yurt Exceptional
- Friendly and experienced AMGA-trained guides and instructors, with small guide/client ratios. Learn more HERE.
- The best access in Montana--just 1.5 hours from the airport to the trailhead. Be at the yurt within 4 hours of arriving in Bozeman.
- Non-motorized terrain. All of the terrain in the Bell Lake Basin is designated non-motorized so the snow stays undisturbed and the setting is pristine.
- With 43 peaks above 10,000 feet, the Tobacco Roots are high and wild--and the snow falls deep.
- Dine on unique Montana cuisine like elk red curry, peppered bison alfredo, and grassfed beef stew.
- Terrain for all abilities--from mellow powder bowls to extreme couloirs, there's something for everyone.
- Our exclusive permit covers tens of thousands of acres, and provides access to tons of terrain--there's always something to see at Bell Lake.
Additional facts and frequently-asked questions can be found HERE.