Avalanche Education at Bell Lake Yurt
There is no skill more important for backcountry skiers and riders than recognizing and assessing avalanche hazard, and using well-gathered information to make safe decisions. Let our team of friendly, experienced avalanche educators help you master the strategies to make the backcountry a rewarding place to play--for an entire lifetime of powder turns. All of our courses adhere to current American Avalanche Association (AAA) standards.
Avalanche Rescue Fundamentals
1 Day Field Session
(Click Dates Below to Register)
Avalanche rescue is the most critical skill we hope you never need to use. But if you do, having the knowledge, skill, and confidence to execute an effective rescue can be the difference between life and death. Avalanche Rescue Fundamentals is an intensive, one day course that will take place 100% in the field.
This course is a pre-requisite for the Professional Level 1 course, and recommended for anyone who travels in the backcountry.
This course will cover:
- Survival statistics
- Survival strategies
- Transceiver fundamentals
- Single beacon search practice
- Shoveling methodology
- Multiple burial search techniques
- Introduction to airbags & other tools
- Rescue response drills
- Courses and camps require full payment at time of booking.
- Courses are non refundable, unless your position in the class can be filled. An $80 administrative fee will be assessed to all refunds.
- Payments may be made via MasterCard or Visa--sorry, checks are no longer accepted. Rates do not include 3% CC processing fee or guide gratuity.